A a two-day international conference focusing on pig welfare will be held in Copenhagen, Denmark from the 29th to the 30th of April 2015 – and is open to all with an interest in the field of animal welfare, production and research.
The conference is organized by the Danish Ministry of Food, Agriculture and Fisheries and The Danish Centre for Animal Welfare (DCAW).
Entitled “Improving pig welfare – what are the ways forward?”, the conference will bring together scientists and specialists who will present recent knowledge on animal welfare with the main focus on pigs.
In addition the conference will facilitate discussions on the ways forward for pig welfare in several workshops and a panel discussion where stakeholders from different organizations will be brought together.
The conference topics include:
- Recent knowledge on tail docking and castration
- Recent knowledge on piglet and sow mortality
- Animal welfare in the organic pig production
- Pig welfare and sustainability
- Use of animal welfare indicators to improve animal welfare
- The ability of market forces to drive animal welfare improvements
- The role of education in improving animal welfare
Conference website www.IPWC2015.dk opens December 15th 2014
Conference registration on the website from December 15th 2014
Deadline for registration: January 30th 2015
Deadline for poster abstract submission: February 25th 2015